Manufacturers recommend?every 100 hours?of use interval to remove the lower unit for Outdrive Service. Depending on your use this could be 2, 3, or even a 4 year interval. This procedure includes;
- Removing the lower unit
- Grease internal grease fittings
- U-Joint grease and inspection for wear
- Grease drive shaft
- Inspect driveshaft bellows, exhaust bellows, shift bellows and water inlet tube
- Install new Lower Unit Gasket set and O-rings
- Reinstall drive, Start and run out to check shifting
- ( recommend water impeller replacement every 100 hours) This is a good time to replace impeller for additional cost
Pricing is specific to the type of outdrive.
We service all Mercruiser Alpha One , OMC Cobra SX, Volvo Penta SX, Mercruiser Bravo One, Bravo Two, Bravo Three, Volvo Penta DuoProp
and all types of hi performance outdrives.